Formation of Swami Brahmanand Pratishthan
Inception of School
Manoj Prasad the first student of the school who was a case of cerebral palsy was given a special chair by Rotary club of New Bombay Hillside
Dr. Yashuben Mehta retired head of SNDT college of Special Education visited the centre and counseled the parents.
Shifted to Moralwar Child Care Centre
• Gold medal for the India by Sujit Phadnis in winter special Olympics at Salzberg Austria in the event of floor hockey
• First major donation of Rs. 1 Lakh at the hands of Smt. Shantadevi Mirpuri
• Allotment of plot by CIDCO
• Participation in State level Drawing competition by Umed Pawar Pune, winning prizes
• Bhoomi Poojan on Gudi Padwa
• Construction of school building begins
• Participation in National Games at Hyderabad
• Shifted to J5 RH 4, Sector - 9, row house of Parent Mr. Jaspal Singh
• Seva Bhushan Puraskar by Seva Dal committee , All India Congress, CBD
• Participation in special Olympics National games at Chandigarh
• First Student of our School got employed in our Office
• 1st Jan: School shifted to own premises at Nav shanti
• CRY started extending their support
Inception of Sweekar Centre
• Disha Maru won special prize for Solo Dance in the National Music and Dance festival organized by NIMH Secunderabad
• On the occasion of World Disability Day organized an essay competition "My feelings when I see a person with disability" at Fr. Agnel Multi purpose School , Vashi.
• His holiness Shankaracharya Sri Jayendra Saraswati Swamiji of Shankara Math Kanchipuram visited the School
• 1st September Sweekar Centre was opened at Uran with the support of CRY
• Participation in One act play by Yash Mhaske and solo musical recitation by Vipul Rane winning a prizes
• On Guru Purnima day 14th July Computer section was inaugurated with 5 used computers donated by Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait with the help of Mr. Shivram Balgi
• A stall was put up at an exhibition MUM at Vashi organized by Ms, Manda Mhatre and the stall was sponsored by Mr. Sabu Daniel
• First Funfair on the occasion of Disability Day was organized inviting all special schools of Navi Mumbai
• Late Laxman Daswani Donated a school bus. Ms. Riya Motwani and Capt. Shashikant Koppikar also contributed towards the bus
• Participation in the Triumph Run organized by Rotary Club of Thane Hills...continue to participate till date
• Participated in the sports oprganised by NMMC and Samannay winning the Mayor’s Troph
• 15 students started attending swimming training at YMCA with 4 trained staff members
• Mr. R.K. Jain of Sara Chem appointed student Mst. Vinod Munde
• Students participated in the Special Olympics National Games Bangalore winning many medals.
• Swami Brahmanand Parents association was formed
• "Walk Besides me and be my friend" sponsorship program was initiated by Mr. Niresh Daryanani along with his family members Anjali, Arti, Karishma and Roshan
• Won "Mayors Trophy" for the thiord consecutive year at the sports organized by NMMC and Samannay
• August the Social Welfare Department sanctioned grant for 40 students
• Carol Cross Paediatric Physio Therapist representative of BESO was sent on 10 day visit to our Institution to assess the students , counsel the parents and work with the parents of children with Severe physical disabilities
• BESO representatives Tom Harrison, Giles Andrews and Dr. Isaac Hagon visited the centre
• The second floor was inaugurated by Devka Mirpuri and Motila Mirpuri and their family members
• Sate Bank of India Central Ofice Belapur donated equipments worth 2lakh 87 thousand 325 to the Vocational section
• Won first prize in the zonal Drama competition organized by Natyashala
• In the National Games at Chattisgrah Ms. Lakshmi Shetty won 1 gold and 1 silver in Table Tennis
• RCI representatives visited the centre: Prof. Harikesh, Prof. B P Lulla and Prof. Chakraborty along with NIMH representative Ms. Vijayalakshmi and Mr. Dasrath Choudhary
Participation in a program organized at JNPT, Uran
• Nutrition program was initiated
• Nursery Project Grow green partially funded by Rotary Club of New Bombay under the leadership of Mrs. Surekha Patil through District simplified grant of Rotary International and International British Yeoward School
• Project Shop on the ground floor to display items made by the Vocational Unit was initiated by Ms. Pushpa Moorjani and funded by Mr. Anand Karya
• First time all special schools off Navi Mumbai along with NIMH came together to spread awareness among the community regarding disability and special children during World Disability day. There was a week long program
• DP world Nava sheva donated 750 dollors a safety award prize money won by them
• ONGC donated 50,000/-. Chairmans’s wife visited the centre
• Adarsh Shikshak Puraskar was presented to Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman By District Social welfare Officer of Thane Mr. R.B.Shirsat
• As a part of the self development program staff members participated in the Jeevan Vigyan samaroh organized by Preksha Dhyan Commiittee( Mrs. Malti Jain , Mrs, Archana Jain initiated this.
• A CBR program was condudted at Uran by NIMH. A street paly and assessment camp was conducted.
• Mrs. Shirish Poojary was felicitated by Mrs. Manda Mhatre of Govardani Trust and Vashi Tamil Sangam
• Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman won first prize in the essay competition "Break Walls and Build Bridges" organized by the District Social Welfare Department, Thane
• The GSE team of Rotary District 940 fro Germany visited the school with Rotary Club of New Bombay hillside and Rotary club of Millenium city through Mr. Suresh Babu
• Minoo Hathiramani visited the centre
• Gregorian church started felicitating two students of the Institution
• Mrs. Pranita Madkaikar started helping the centre as a Hon. Consultant to improve the proficiency of the staff members
• Special Olympics National TT completion at Kolkata
• Basket Ball National level competition at Pune
• State cricket tournament organized by AWMH winning first prize
• Skating, TT and weight lifting at National level at Hyderabad,Haryana and Jabalpur
• A group SBP rockers was formed which was invited by Mr.S K Kaul CM (A) and secretary of JNPT Uran to perform in the JNPT complex and received a donation of Rs. 2 lakhs
• National Badminton competition in Aug 2009 at Rajashtahn
• Wall painting project was coordinated by Ms. Pushpa Moorjani
• 12th Nov awareness program at Malwan along with SNAC Nodal Agency, National Trust
• ENT Medical camp Mahila welfare organization of ONGC at CBD centre
• Mrs. Shirish poojary received the N.D.Memorial Award by NASEOH
• CSR activities by DP world, AMWAY, Balmer Lawrie and ONGC
• Ms. Lakshmi Shetty and Ms. Disha maru started attending coaching camps for the International selection
• Swayam A self group of parents was formed
• shooting of the movie " Zale Mokhle Akash " was done in school
• CSR by Organic Recycling Co.
• AMWAY donated vocational equipments and sponsored salary of one staff member
• SOSVA introduced volunteers to the school
• OT Unit was set up at Sweekar Centre Uran By Roatry club of New Bombay Hillside through District Simplified grant by Rotary International
• A school bus was donated to Sweekar Uran by Balmer Lawrie Co. and initiated by Rotary club of New Bombay Hillside and supported by Rotary club of Thane North End
• New teaching practices were introduced including changes in curriculum planning, program implementation. The staff were encouraged to change their mind sets and adapt new methods of teaching making use of technology during teaching learning sessions. Changes were made in the system of recording and documentation.
First time set Theme for the year : Rainbow
• On the last working day of every month birthdays of students and staff members were celebrated following the theme. All other activities revolved around the theme
• Started celebrating care givers Day and the concept was introduced by Mr. David Ipe
• Involved parents in the school activities by appointing class representatives.
• Started celebrating Parents Day. Fun games were organized for the parents
• On 4th February 2011 event Saath Saath was organized in aid of Project "Brahmagiri". Sri. Shankar Mahadevan presided over the function.
Theme for the year was GULDASTA
• Focus given on simple science experiments: on every last working day of the month a simple experiment was conducted by the students
• School Bus TaTa Marcopolo 36 seater donated to the Institution by CEIL(Certification Engineers International LTD) under CSR initiative.
• Organised District Games on behalf of Special Olympics Bharat and Ministry of Youth and Sports affairs and conducted coaches training program for Teachers and parents.
• Supported the self advocacy program organized by Parivaar Sahyadri and Swami Brahmanand Parents Association
• Participation in the National Games at Bhopal
• After a gap of five years Teachers were reshuffled and given different classes.
• Calendars and ID cards were given to students and staff members
• The school supported and participated in the National parents Meet organized by Parivaar Sahyadri
• Organized school sports for the students of all three units
Theme for the academic year "Sargam"
• CCTV camers were fixed in school premises and school buses at the initiative of a Parent Mr. Sunil Rajput
• Mrs. Vijaya Balaji Director of TOOL BOX connected us to Volunteers who were experts in their respective fields. Mr. Devidasan and Mr. Anand More helped the Institution in designing the admission process chart, post admission procedure, developing the organization structure all this helped in improving the functioning of the school.
• The school participated in the centenary celebration of Swami Vivekanand
• The school along with the Social Welfare department Maharashtra and International Association of Lions Club took up the responsibility of coordinating with the special schools of Thane, Ratnagiri, Sindudurg and Raigad Districts for Ability Mela
• For the first time a Fashion Show was organized for the students at the initiative of AMWAY Opportunities
• Community coaches training program levels 2 and three under MYAS and SOB Bharat were conducted
• Four Students Ms. Lakshmi Shetty, Ms. Disha Maru, Mr. Yash Mhaske and Mst. Shrilak Bhoir attended the Special Olym,pics Asia Pacific Games held in New Castle Australia and won 2 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals.
• Paticipation in the Naitonal Aquatic meet at Kolhapur.
• Participation in the selection coaching camp for Swimming at Karnataka by Ms. Disha and Ms. Sneha
• National Championship for Rollerskating at Bareiley, UP by Rahul Daware winning one gold
• National cricket coaching camp at Kolhapur attended by Pronnoy, Pratik and Mahendra
• 10 students participated in the Drama workshop organized by Natyashala
• Three class rooms were renovated on the first floor with the support of AMWAY, St. Mary's High School SSC, Mazgaon batch of 78 & 79 under Mr. Rui de costa, Sir. Vitthaldas Damodar Thackersey Charitable Trust, Mr. Kapil Sen, Late Mrs. Mahalakshmi Hariharan and Late Dr. Waryam Singh.
• Mr. K. satish of BG India has been participating in the Mumbai Standard Chartered Marathon and raising funds for the school since the last three years.
Theme for the year: "UBUNTU"
• Mr. Shrilak Bhoir Of Sweekar Uran participated in the 20-20 Unified Cricket Tournament, Bangladesh and won a gold medal
• Ms. Tanay and Ms. Purva participated in the Basket Ball National games at Gujarat winning Bronze medal
• Mst. Prathamesh Koli participated in the Cycling National games at Bhopal-winning a gold medal
• Preparatory camps at Hyderabad and Bareiley for International special Olympics selection attended by Ms. Disha Maru and Ms. Sneha Verma
• Five class rooms of the first floor were renovated by Just Dial Ltd and inaugurated on the occasion of 25th Foundation Day by the Managing Director of Just Dial Mr. V.S.S.Mani.
• Organised Awareness Session on Child Sexual Abuse and Disability by FACSE (Forum Against Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation): Ms. Kavita Bhatia and Ms. Sangeeta Punekar for teachers and support staff of special schools of Raigad district and Navi Mumbai
• Workshop for parents on Behaviour Management by Ms. Kala Sundarvedha
• CDAC ( Centre for development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai) conducted a pilot project on Computer training programme using GNU/Linux distribution for Cognitively Challenged from 15th of July with four students: Ms. Aditi Verma, Ms. Kareena Rajput, Ms. Harinder Kaur, Mr. Akhilesh shettigar.
• Mrs. Shirish Poojary was Felicitated by RSS Navi Mumbai chapter on 25th August and Kairali cultural association. The Rotary and Inner wheel club of Navi Mumbai Sunrise presented the Vocational Excellence awards to Mrs. Shirish poojary, Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman and Teacher award to Mrs. Grace Rekha Simoes on 5th October 2014.
Theme for the year: "Mangal"
• Music Therapy: Under the guidance of Mr. Pravin Shevade, we undertook Music Therapy sessions for our students. To expose the teachers to the concept of music as a therapy, Mr. Rajam Shankar, a renowned music therapist conducted a half day workshop at our school.
• Seva Samiti: Our staff members came together to extend support and volunteer their time and services to the needy section of the community. The members of the Samiti extended their voluntary services to Mangalam Charitable Trust to conduct programs for the cancer affected children at Tata memorial Hospital, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.
• District Sports Meet: The school organized the district sports meet on 3rd December, 2015 at the Bharat Ratna Rajeev Gandhi stadium where 25 schools and 424 students participated.
• New School Building: A plot measuring 1800 Sq. ft was purchased for the school building at Uran. The construction work of this building is in progress.
ACHIEVEMENTS & PARTICIPATION
1. 25th July to 2nd August, 2015: Ms. Disha Maru and Ms. Sneha Verma participated in the Special Olympics World Summer Games at Los Angeles, USA from 25th July, 2015 to 2nd August, 2015, and were victorious in the swimming event. We are proud to say that
Disha won: 1 silver in 25m breaststroke
Sneha won : 1 gold in 50m freestyle
2. 10th to 12th February, 2016: two students participated in the State games organized by the Social Welfare department, Nagpur
Self Advocacy program:
1. Student of Sweekar Centre, Uran, Ms. Purva Nagri along with teacher Mr. Dhananjay Pathare attended the National Self Advocacy meet held from 25th November, 2015 to 29th November, 2015 at Udaipur, Rajasthan
1. 1st August, 2015: Workshop on Goal setting by Tool Box volunteer Ms. Swati Mathur (Vice President, Human Resources, Edelweiss.)
2. 5th September, 2015: A talk on "Secret of Success" by Sri. Yogeshji Balgi a disciple of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati was organised on the occasion of Teacher's Day in the School.
3. Mr. Dhananjay Pathare staff member at Sweekar attended the coaches training camp organized by Special Olympics Bharat at Gwalior from 7th to 13th February 2016.
1. Pranav Soman student from The Millenium School,Dubai studying in grade 8 was placed in the school as a volunteer.
2. Three interns of NMIMS, Vile Parle were placed in the Belapur centre for a month.
Theme for the year: "UJALA"
Another of our special educators, Mr. Dhananjay Pathare(from our Sweekar Centre, Uran), conducted the Community Coaches Training Program of MYAS (Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs)and SOB (Special Olympics Bharat) for 50 coaches on 30th July at Uran.
Mst. Chetan Sarvankar and Mst. Vivek Paradkar won gold medals for the state at the Bocce National Games held in Patna, Bihar from 23rd to 28th August 2016.
Mst. Madhur Sonawane secured the first place, Mst. Pratik Tayde won a second prize and Mst. Adnan Kazi won the third prize in their respective age groups at the Table Tennis State Level Tournament organized by AWMH, Maharashtra on 7th September.
Mr. Yash Mhaske won a gold medal (100 meters run) and a silver (shot put) at the SOB State Games, Kolhapur on 8th& 9th October. He was selected to participate in the SOB Nationals held at Rajasthan from 21st to 26th October.
Special Olympics Raigad District Sports Meet was organized on 30th& 31st August at Sunil Choughule Sports Association. 175 students from 16 special schools participated in the athletic events and games.
Children’s Day program was organized by Amway Opportunities Foundation on 18th November with a display of talents by the students of the School
On the occasion of World Disability Day,the Regional Deputy Commissioner (Mumbai Region) (Ministry of Social Justice) & University of Mumbai organized a Divyang Sanskrutik Mahotsav 2017 on 4thFebruary 2017 at University of Mumbai , Kalina
From 4th to 8th June workshops for staff members were conducted by Mr. Pravin Shevade on ability mapping ,documentation and planning. Workshop on stress Management for the staff members was organized by the school on 12th November. Dr. Ramani Kumar Special Educator and counselor by profession conducted the workshop. Five workshops on IEP were organised for the staff from 22nd February to 31st March.
WORKSHOPS FOR PARENTS
Two pertinent workshops were conducted for parents: (i) Sexuality in Special Children by Dr. Kranti Phadnis, Gynaecologist on 19th November; and (ii) Behaviour Issues in Special Children by Dr. Omkar Mate, consulting Neuro psychiatrist and Ms. Pratika Petare Special educator cum Counselor on 17th December.
Ms. Anna Blociszeski a German student interned from 10th August to 8th December. She conducted a didactic project (non-verbal communication) with the students of Prevocational I class.
The school had 4 more interns from SIES Management Studies from 14th to 23rd December and 2 interns from NMIMS from 2nd to 28th February. Trainees from NIMH were placed for their practical training at the school.
OUT REACH PROGRAMMES
For the World Environment Day Project, a "Tree Plantation" drive was carried out on 1stJuly by the students and staff members. 25 saplings consisting of mango, tamarind, Indian gooseberries, custard apple, cashews and almonds were planted in CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
On 19th August, the girl students of the school celebrated Rakshabandhan at Police Headquarters Navi Mumbai –Kalamboli in a program organised by “Sakhi Foundation”.
On 1st September, Dr. Kranti Phadnis conducted a research study on problems of sexuality among special children to create a module for sex education for special children.
The school staff performed a street play to create awareness on De addiction on 14th October.
On 11th December, Sports For All in partnership with SOB organized sports events and celebrated Girls Day at D Y Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai. International Special Olympics sports winners Disha and Sneha, along with 12 other regular school students were felicitated and presented a fitness band by Ms. Saina Nehwal.
Students of the Institution were taken for a 3 day camp at Chandra Nagar, Dapoli from 26th to 28th December. The students got a chance to live away from home and the teachers got an opportunity to evaluate the students’ degree of independence
FELICITATIONS & AWARDS
Ms. Rupali Dhandore received the Special Educator Award in Guru Purnima Felicitation Program organized by Rotary Club of Parsik Hills and Social Welfare Department, Thane Jilla. She was one among three special educators selected to receive the award.
Mrs. Vidya Avasak received the Best Teacher award in a program organized by Astitva special school on the occasion of Teachers Day. She was one of the three teachers to receive the Best Teacher award of Thane District. Awards were given to Teachers for their best practices and dedicated work in training children with Intellectual disability and Hearing Impairment. She also received the Vocational Excellence award from Rotary Club of Seaside Navi Mumbai.
Seven awards were given to deserving students this year during the Annual Day Program.
The Late Mahalaxmi Hariharan Award – 2016-17 given to Ashwini Patil, student of Falguni Vocational Unit and Prajakta Desai, student of Disha Special School.
The Late Mukul Jain Award – 2016-17 was given to Madhur Sonawane of Disha School and Dwij Kale from Sweekar.
The Late Suresh Govekar Award – 2016-17 was given to Harshad Pajve of Falguni Vocational Unit and Ishika Kalbande of Disha Special School.
Vidya Award– 2016-17, given to Vedika Thakur of Sweekar centre. All the recipients received certificates and cash prize worth Rs.2500.
The Falguni Vocational Unit received the License for the first time at the initiative of Sri. Nitin Patil, Commissioner, Disabilities, Maharashtra State, Govt. of Maharashtra, Pune.
SEABIRD SPECIAL SCHOOL(SWEEKAR)
The construction of the new school building at Uran was completed with the support of many donors and well wishers, and inaugurated on 30th November by Shri. Manohar Bhoir, MLA, Uran district along with Shri. Khatau Parekh, Shri. Harish Parekh and Shri. Jaysinh Parekh of Seabird Marines Pvt Ltd. The school name Sweekar was changed to Seabird Special School.
Theme for the year: "Sagar"
1st SOB Netball Championship at Soniya Arya Memorial Little Angels Inclusive School, Sonipat, Haryana - Maharashtra girls team won a Bronze medal.
10th Maharashtra State Table tennis Tournaments organised by AWMH at Goregaon , Sports Club, Goregaon - Ishika Kalbande (Silver), Madhur Sonawne (Bronze), Pratik Tayade (Silver)
Walkathon organised by the Rotary club of Navi Mumbai Hillside at service road near NMMC Head Quarters - Mst. Mohan Jadhav (1st), Mst. Gunnit Jaiswal (2nd), Ms. Ishika Kalbande (3rd)
Samannay Special Children Sports, Vashi - 1-Gold, 2-Silver, 2-Bronze
District sports organised by The District Social Welfare Department, Zilla Parishad, Thane & Astitva Special School at Dombivli - 3-Gold, 3-Silver, 4-Bronze
Cricket tournament organised by AWMH - 2nd Prize, Best BowlerMst. Mahendra Thakur
Solo singing competition organised by Ashray School - Gandhar won a Consolation prize
Swayam Rehabilitation Centre in association with Saamana at Gadkari Rangayathan, Thane Organised Drawing/Dance/ Singing competition - Ms. Disha and Ms. Sneha were selected for the final round.
Navneet Drawing competition - 2 prizes were won by the students
Collage poster competition on the subject ”My Mumbai” by Cerebral Palsy Association of India in collaboration with the Social Welfare Department, Mumbai Region - 1st Prize in the below 18 age group
Cake and Flower decoration contest organised by Ashray Special School, Sanpada - Ms. Kareena Rajput - 2nd Prize in Cake Decoration, Mst. Pronnouy Mohandoss - 2nd Prize, Ms. Sneha Verma - 3rd Prize in Flower Decoration
Participants Mrs. Charu Shah, Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman, Mrs. Sunit Marwah attended Autism Awareness Meet at Y.B. Chavan Auditorium on23rd June
Participants Mrs. Shirish Poojary & Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman attended National conference on Paradigm shift in Inclusive Schooling at Goa.
Participants Mrs. Shirish Poojary & Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman attended a meeting at Mantralaya by the State Commissioner for Persons with disabilities.
Participants Mrs. Shirish Poojary & Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman attended 1 National Trust workshop at Y.B.Chavan Auditorium organised bu AWMH
Participants Mrs. Shirish Poojary & Mrs. Sukanya Venkataraman attended “The Power of Roles” A Presentation Derived from Social Role Valorization Theory at Holiday Inn, Andheri, Mumbai
Ms. Grace Rekha Simoes, a senior Special Educator and Mentor in the self-advocacy forum of India conducted a workshop at SBP school premises.
Dr, Charushila nicose conducted Workshop on “Mental Health and wellbeing for all” organised by the Commissioner for Persons with Disability, Government of Maharashtra, Pune.
Theme for the year: "Saarathi –Sanskriti Ke Saath Rishtey"
15th July- Mrs. Shirish Poojary was felicitated by Rotary Club of Malwan with a community service award, at Malwan. On 8th March she was awarded with a Hirkani Puraskar by the Jyeshtha Nagrik Sangh, Nerul.
Ms. Sneha Verma student of Falguni Vocaitonal Unit received the women achievers Award at Delhi in an event organized by the online newspaper “The Quint”.
4th August, 2018- workshop on Behavior Management by Ms. Sadaf Parkar a Behavior Therapist and counselling Psychologist.
7th August “Empowering Parents" by Ms. Gulshan Kavarana
12th August 2018 - workshop for Parents on the topic “What after me” was organised by Swami Brahmanand Parents Association at Kairali hall. 150 parents attended the workshop.
Gandhar Wakurdekar won a second prize in the singing competition organsied by Ashray special school, Sanpada on 24th August.
Students performed a skit in the Inter school competition organized by the school on the occasion of World Disability Day and won a second prize.
Ten students performed a group dance at Godhriwale Baba Ashram, Wagholi, Pune on 25th December organized by the Mirpuri Family. The students received a cash reward of Rs. 2000/- each and were felicitated by the grandchildren of the Mirpuri family.
Students won two second prizes in Lil champ dance competition organized by Inner Wheel clubs of Zone 4, Dist 314 on 17th January.
Theme for the year: "Pravaas"
A new sports event named Boccia was introduced to the students by Special Olympics Bharat.
40 Students participated in the audition round of Dham Dhama dam organsied by DD Sahyadri on 11th October.
Interns of ‘Whistling wood” visited school and made a documentary “Anokhi” on our student Disha Maru.
Mr. Sujit Phadnis was felicitated for his successful completion of 25 yrs of dedicated service as office assistant at the Institution.
Students of the Vocational centre exercised their voting rights by casting their vote in the Assembly election held on 21st October. A mock voting session was organized by ETC on 17th October and 30 students attended the same. 12 students possessed their voters card and 19 students were enrolled in the National voters portal through an online form by the school.
Theme for the year: "Prakruti Punarjanma - Nature Reborn"
As we are aware the Covid 19 Pandemic has disturbed our daily routine and changed our way of working and living completely. Since our organization works with children with special needs, the Management had to immediately take decisions for keeping the students occupied actively in their home environment.
We started our online work from 18th of March to carry out evaluation of the learnt skills and assessment of new skills for planning the 2020-2021 year’s Academic program
The school started functioning online for the academic year 2020-21 as planned from 15th June. Weekly programs were discussed with parents and activities were carried out by the teachers via whatsapp messages, video demo of activities to be carried out with instructions via audio messages.
The staff members took this opportunity to take up professional online courses and update their knowledge.
In the Disha Pranali Teacher Training program conducted by Jai Vakeel Foundation, as an Initiative of Ministry of Social Justice and Special assistance and NIEPID, 13 teachers participated.
20 Teachers enrolled for an ongoing online training program organized by Food4thought Foundation, on every Saturday from the July to December.
A National Webinar organized by AYJNISHD, Mumbai from 3rd to 8th August on the topic- Learning and Innovations for Inclusive Education was attended by The Managing Trustee and Principal.
Speech and language webinar by Ms. Sarah Gadkar a Speech Therapist and Audiologist was organsied on 10th September.